[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Mon Apr 26 21:24:51 EDT 2010

On 2010.04.26 20:19, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> Owen DeLong wrote:
>> OK... Here's the actual information...
>>
>> If you are currently an IPv4 x-small ISP subscriber, you are already
>> paying $1,250/year.
>> As such, your incremental cost when you obtain a /32 for IPv6 would be
>> an additional $1,000/year.
>>
>> If you are a brand new IPv6-only ISP, your annual cost would be
>> $2,250/year.
>>
>> So, the $2,250 number is sort of correct, but, ignores that you are
>> already paying
>> most of that.  I think the $1,250 figure is a math error vs. $2,250 -
>> $1,250 = $1,000.
>>
>> Hope that clears things up.
>>
>> Owen
>>
> And if I'm currently an IPv4 x-small ISP using legacy pre-ARIN IPv4
> space, it is also $2250/year more than I pay now. Plus maybe having to
> sign the legacy RSA, if I'm not careful to keep my IPv4 and IPv6
> entities sufficiently separate.

At the ARIN meeting, I spoke to a few people who have signed the LRSA,
so I'd like to focus on that side of your comment (Matthew, I'm not
being judgmental on what you have said, nor do I have an opinion on it).

Just for informative purposes, would someone who has signed the LRSA
speak up with any regrets they may have had by signing the agreement?

otoh, I'd be interested to learn of benefits you have gained by not
having to "keep" ... "IPv4 and IPv6 entities sufficiently separate"?

Steve