[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Apr 26 18:10:37 EDT 2010

> no, but certainly a new employee at an IP Transit company needs some
> form of compute resources to do their job. it's likely the case that
> more than 1 new employee is hired each year. my point here is that if
> you can afford new compute resources for a new employee it seems that
> 1200$ to keep the business going is within reach.
>
> -chris

Like I said, some companies are avoiding new computer purchases to keep costs down.  It is not unheard of for a new employee to start out with hand-me-down equipment.  The economy is not like it used to be, and we don't all work at f500 level enterprises.

Let's try and avoid making it harder on the small (or would you call them micro) operations just because it is easy for the huge enterprises to come up with trivial $1000 budget items.

I am not saying it is like that where I work, but I am saying there are operations out there where it is like that.

Kevin