[arin-ppml] Support proposal 2010-2: /24 end-user assignments

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Apr 18 13:57:05 EDT 2010

Bill,
I have a question about the anticipated time horizon for the beneficial effects of 2010-2.  This policy is about cleaning up the ipv4 space by consolidating smaller assignments for multihomers and involves returning and in some cases renumbering. For renumbering cases a one-year cycle of dual assignments is involved. The question: how many years do you think it would take for this policy to have an appreciable effect on aggregation? And do you think would that effect be one of slowing table growth or actually reducing its size? Please note: I am not questioning the beneficial effects, just interested in their anticipated magnitude and the speed with which they would happen.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org