[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Apr 14 18:08:55 EDT 2010

No one made that assertion, as far as I can recall, in the current discussion, although I have seen intimations of such.
But as far as I know, it has not been tested, examined or modeled in any depth. I wish it could be.

> (other than filtering the obvious stuff like
> a default route, RFC3330, etc.) as I think this is much less
> likely.  Would you really want to manage your routers on an Internet
> where everyone would be forced into doing this due to table bloat?

Of course not. But if various factors conspire, as you say, to "force" people to do that, it's precisely the kind of trade-off that needs to be understood better. As economic analyst, I am not immediately interested in whether that's a the ideal situation for the Internet. I am interested in
  a) if it is happening
  b) what economic incentives are making it happen and sustaining it
  c) what externalities (negative or otherwise) it imposes on the rest of the Internet

There are people on this list who seem to be deeply threatened by the fact that someone is merely asking these kinds of questions. I am completely puzzled by this.