[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Apr 14 17:00:45 EDT 2010

> and remember, its not the number of routes per se, it's the cost of
> memory due to churn in routing announcements that is the cost you are
> talking about.

Thanks, now we are getting even more specific. Good. Details matter.

Churn probably has a completely different cost structure than simple "addition" of routes/memory consumption.

Amazing how we've gone from a categorical statement to an incredibly nuanced and conditional one, isn't it?

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology