[arin-ppml] Comments on Draft Policy 2010-3: Customer Confidentiality

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Apr 7 11:56:33 EDT 2010

Can't the customer *already* list whoever their agent is as technical or abuse PoC?  I have always suggested to non-technical customers that they list either their ISP (me) or their contracted network maintainer as the technical and abuse PoC as appropriate.  That just makes common sense.  Whoever is contracted to provide and maintain network services for the customer *is* an agent of the customer and IMHO qualifies for inclusion in PoC contacts according to current policy.

I do strongly feel though that this is the prerogative of the customer, not the ISP.  The ISP can obviously advise the customer, and in most cases a non-technical customers response to the ISP will be "Whatever you say.", but in the end it is the customers decision.

Kevin Kargel