[arin-ppml] ULA-C

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 1 17:38:10 EDT 2010

On Apr 1, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Kevin Kargel wrote:

>>> I concur that renewal is necessary, though renewal requirements do not
>> necessarily need to include money, data refresh could be sufficient.
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>
>> I disagree. Without fees, data-refresh is often responded to out of rote
>> without thought or consideration.
>>
>> Owen
> In this instance I think rote would be sufficient.  The main objective being a live person ping to test that the organization is live and present.  To my understanding the thing we want to make sure of is that the network has not been abandoned.
>
> Kevin

I'd rather actually make sure the resources are still in active use for something someone considers a useful purpose. A fee which also helps defray the costs of those annual pings and records maintenance is not a bad idea. Otherwise, someone somewhere is subsidizing all that ULA registration. I don't see any reason ULA shouldn't pay its own way.

Owen