[arin-ppml] Proposal 98: Last Minute Assistance for Small ISPs

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:56:25 EDT 2009

George, Wes E [NTK] wrote:

> +1. Can we simply abandon this in favor of proposal 99, or is there something in this proposal besides the sliding trigger that would make it distinct? I've reread both, and I'm not really seeing anything, besides maybe the specific references to small ISPs, which I'm not convinced is necessary to achieve the intended result by simply making it possible to get /24s as end allocations for multihomed networks.

When the AC decided to put both proposal 98 and 99 on our docket, my
recollection is that we intended to merge the two into a single draft
policy to present in Toronto.  My own opinion is that the simpler policy
(99) is a good starting framework, but we did feel that there were some
aspects of 98 that we would probably want to include as well.

If would be quite useful if everyone could take a look at the proposals
with an eye toward providing the AC feedback on which aspects of the
proposal(s) would be most useful and beneficial to include in a merged
version.

Thanks,
Scott