[arin-ppml] v4 to v6 obstacles

Lee Howard spiffnolee at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 12:45:45 EDT 2009

----- Original Message ----

Different issues.  I don't see a need for NAT66.  But Address Family Translation
(AFT, or NAT46 and NAT64) would be useful.
NAPT-PT, being deprecated, is poorly supported.  Seems like people are holding
their breath for NAT64, and maybe someday somebody will submit a draft for
NAT46.  Which is too late to get gear fielded.  And doesn't solve most of the
issues identified in RFC4966.

Is it possible to "reprecrate" something that has been deprecated?  Can we
obsolete RFC4966?  Anyone have a pointer to the right list for that?

Lee