[arin-ppml] IPv4 Depletion as an ARIN policy concern

Lee Howard spiffnolee at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 22:03:10 EDT 2009

> unlikely near-term scenario that the world is 80% onto ipv6.

Look at lists of top websites, CDNs, news servers, and hosting companies,
then look up their IPv6 plans.  About 50% of top content has plans for
2010.  Not crazy to think it could be 80% in 2011.

> So I'm running
> a website and I am only on iPv6.

Your virtual IP on your load balancer should be dual-stack.  Everything
behind it should be IPv6 or private IPv4.

> The current ipv4 stakeholders have an economic incentive to block or delay
> the transition because it drives up the value of their IPv4 holdings.

Find an action that supports that assertion and we can have a debate.  The companies you mention seem to be promoting IPv6, not interfering with it.

Lee