[arin-ppml] Dearborn: Calling all CAcert and/or Thawte Notaries

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun Oct 4 14:28:04 EDT 2009

Owen DeLong wrote:
> It occurs to me that in addition to the PGP key signings that tend to
> happen at NANOG
> meetings it might be worth having a group notary event for CAcert and/or
> Thawte
> notarizations.

Speaking of...it's always made no sense to me that ARIN required you to
use their certificates.  I suppose it's mostly moot when actions moving
to the web interface and away from email, but in the worst case, they
could use whatever methods they use to valid your identity on their
certificates to validate it for the one you submit...