[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Sun May 31 13:15:54 EDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 12:06 PM, John Osmon wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:02:46PM -0400, Joe Provo wrote:
>> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 08:58:49AM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> [...]
>>> What's the rationale for this proposed change?
>>
>> It better reflects the reality of the meshy global Internet where
>> aggregated trunk, backbone-only providers are a rare and dying breed.
>
> Indeed, times are a'changing...  I'm leaning towards full support of
> this proposal.
>
> Perhaps we *need* a swamp of some type to illustrate the importance of
> a solid foundation elsewhere?

If I remember correctly, creating a swamp only serves to constantly
remind those who are stuck with it afterward that swamp creation was/
is a very bad idea. Besides, if you have an idea of where/how one
might build a more "solid foundation", persuading us now, up front
might be a more effective way of bringing people around than
intentionally degrading the only "ground" that's currently apparent.

You don't want to be remembered like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEgqhzwz0o

TV