[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat May 30 22:45:29 EDT 2009

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> 	what upstream is that?  once again, the limiting notion that
> 	there connectedness to "someone else" is a prerequiste for using IP.
> 	uniqueness i can understand (someday you might want to be connected,
> 	but now...)

Not only might there not be an "upstream" at this time, the address
might be in use on a different global Internet than the one we're all
thinking of, at least for now.

Still, no reason someone shouldn't be able to get a unique address of
the size they need to do what they plan to do. After all *there's a
whole lot of them with IPv6*.

Matthew Kaufman