[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

Garry Dolley gdolley at arpnetworks.com
Sat May 30 15:56:29 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 01:18:20PM -0500, Chris Malayter wrote:
> Agree with Stacy here,
>
> I don¹t think putting strings on v6 is going help drive it¹s implementation..

There are no string on IPv6.  If your ISP/NSP supports IPv6, you can
get a /48 *right now*.  Some providers will have *already* allocated
it for you (as mentioned by someone previously in this thread who
gives IPv6 to all his customers by default).

My company has a /32.  Should I say my IPv6 efforts are hindered
just because I can't get a /16?  No, because for my needs a /32 is
sufficient.  And a /48 for end-sites / non-ISPs, with 65K subnets
and all their glory, is _sufficient_ also.

To say IPv6 adoption is hindered b/c everyone can't qualify for a
/32 is simply non-sense, IMO.

--
Garry Dolley
ARP Networks, Inc. | http://www.arpnetworks.com | (818) 206-0181