[arin-ppml] [arin-announce] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri May 29 11:42:30 EDT 2009

> 2) Remove article 4 of section 6.5.1.1, "be an existing,
> known ISP in the ARIN region or have a plan for making at
> least 200 end-site assignments to other organizations within
> 5 years" in its entirety.

I'd rather see this restructured than removed because I
think this bit is important:

   have a plan for making at least 200 end-site
   assignments to other organizations within 5 years

This phrase tries to distill down the meaning of ISP
in such a way that it is more inclusive than just those
businesses who have ISP on their letterhead.

I would favor something like:

4) have a plan for connecting their network to two or
   more network service providers, and making at least
   40 end-site assignments per year on average over the
   next 5 years

5) existing, known ISPs in the ARIN region will be assumed
   to already meet the requirement in clause 4 above.

-- Michael Dillon