[arin-ppml] 2009-1 comment

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed May 27 16:26:43 EDT 2009

Thank you for your clarification John.  I completely agree with section 8.2.
We definitely need to facilitate acquisitions.  Even though the combined
resources may be more than the receiving company needs, renumbering a large
network is not going to happen overnight and they will need some unknown
quantity of time to merge the networks.  Hopefully the companies will see
fit to do so, and if not they will likely grow into the excess space and
just not need more allocation so soon.

My problem is the outright sale of space to a designated party without
transfer of network assets and without making the space available to the
community at large as is allowed in 8.3.  This creates an enormous potential
for unfair practice giving the large players a huge advantage.