[arin-ppml] Will the price per IP really be affected bythetransfer market introduced in 2009-1?

Lee Howard spiffnolee at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 13:55:14 EDT 2009

> > Of course you won't "absorb" anything..  the cost will be
> > passed to the end user.
>
> That is NOT AUTOMATICALLY TRUE.  Can you raise your prices today by
> a dollar a month per customer?  Don't you think you would suffer
> increased customer loss to a competitor who DIDN'T raise their prices?

Can someone remind me of the point of this thread?
We each have to make our own decisions about how (and whether) to prepare
for IANA to allocate its last address blocks.  We might make different
decisions.  And it also turns out that agreeing ahead of time how we'll all set
pricing is against the law.  IANAL, YMMV, past performance is no indicator
of future returns, operator not responsible for lost articles, liber sum, semper
ubi sub ubi, and to the fairest: petitio principia discordia.

Lee