[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-3 (Global): Allocation of IPv4 Blocks to Regional Internet Registries

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Mon Mar 30 12:24:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2009 Bill Darte wrote:
>
> > Or, the AC version could be discussed for adoption, but the original
> > proposal text could be presented for contrast of course.
>
> I agree, but I don't think that is what Raul was requesting.

Whatever is being requested must be within AC's purview as provided for in
the ARIN PDP.  The PDP seems to indicate that the AC can modify "any"
proposal that comes before it. The policy proposal presentation doesn't have
to be limited, but considering that a) the summaries, community followup,
the revised proposal, and the result of that public activity, and b) the
potential to introduce irrelevant and confusing information, I would be in
favor of _not_ presenting the original version of the proposal since it is
technically "dead". Isn't it?

All considered, I don't think negotiating the option to pull the trigger on
the petition process is what PPML is for. If they authors intend to do it,
they should go ahead and use that tool.

Best Regards,

-M<