[arin-ppml] clarification of Board actions Feb 2 and Mar 18, 2009

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Mar 31 15:38:59 EDT 2009

Only if the ARIN staff forget to wear their tinfoil hats.

Seriously though, just consider one little thing for a moment,
the US banking system.  You know, the same banking system that
mugged the US Government late last year for 700 billion dollars.

Think of just how much money those bank CEOs have saved with firing
tellers and replacing them with online banking access over the
Internet.

Now, imagine ARIN telling Chase Bank "sorry, you can't setup that
new online banking center because we think the world has run out
out of IPv4 addresses but we aren't sure because we lost track of
a couple million of them" and try to guess how long ARIN would exist
as an entity after that.

Party's over, folks.  Time to get down and get serious about this
or be content allowing it go to the bureaucrats.

Ted