[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy (Using the Emergency PDP)

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sun Mar 29 11:37:39 EDT 2009

On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Lee Howard wrote:
> "Policy proposals may be submitted by anyone in the global Internet
> community except for members of the ARIN Board of Trustees or the ARIN
> staff."

And that prevented the Board from walking up to the mike and saying
"If this policy is passed as is, we will be forced to change it in
ways XYZ?"

Or, for that matter, "We would prefer policy <insert template>, but
can't submit it.  We ask that someone from the community who also
likes this idea send it into the policy process."

My point is the Board could have, and should have, spoke up the normal
process in an effort to avoid having to use their emergency powers.