[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: TransferPolicy (UsingtheEmergencyPDP)

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Mar 26 05:11:34 EDT 2009

> the future where IP addresses are unavailable and *not
> even the highest bidder* can get them is worse.

The science fiction list is over that way.

Here, in the real world, we have plentiful cheap IPv6 addresses
for anyone who wants them. Leading organizations such as Google
have already tried these IPv6 addresses and discovered that they
taste great, like a good address should.

What would you rather have, an intractable policy problem in how
to allocate a fixed pool of scarce addresses, or a technical problem
in how to make IPv6 and IPv4 networks intercommunicate?

--Michael Dillon