[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-2: Depleted IPv4 reserves

Matthew Wilder Matthew.Wilder at telus.com
Tue Mar 24 15:41:55 EDT 2009

Hi Ron,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt here.  In case there was the slightest ambiguity with my comments, I will clarify my statements.

I did not at any point say that TELUS would be unable to transition to IPv6, so hold back your shock for a moment.  I suggested that TELUS might be unable to transition certain services to IPv6 before IPv4 exhaust.  At large organizations, there are too many inter-dependencies to make everything happen at once.  And I doubt there is an organization out there with more than 100 network elements who plans to switch off IPv4 before IPv4 address exhaust.  I hope that doesn't trouble you too much.

Cheers,
Matthew