[arin-ppml] Petitioning AC abandonment of Policy Proposal 92 Alternate IPv6 Allocation

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Mon Jun 29 11:39:28 EDT 2009

Einar Bohlin wrote:
> Joe,
>
> A successful petition would turn the proposal into a draft policy and you would control the text on the PPML and thru the upcoming Public Policy Meeting (you'd be the presenter).
>
> In order to petition, post to PPML that you wish to petition, and provide the proposal text that you wish to move forward. And as Bill Darte pointed out in a later post, go ahead and ask for support on the list. Success will require that 10 people agree with you.
>
> The deadline to initiate a petition is 30 June as was stated in our post on 23 June. If this proposal is not successfully petitioned, then it will be closed.
>
> The post about the AC abandoning the proposal is here:
> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-June/014661.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Einar Bohlin
> Policy Analyst
> Member Services, ARIN
> einarb at arin.net +1 703 227-9867

Einar,

I appreciate yours and all others added clarity on the petition process
and its results that I did not find in the PDP text. Perhaps some work
is needed on that.

Judging  from the current text and extensive effort that Bill has put
into this proposal, I doubt I am the principal advocate it deserves at
this time.

My primary interest was to have meaningful discussion on the proposals
merits and demerits all the way through draft policy, as I believe it
confronts issues that have come up time and again. Apparently now may
not be quite the right time for that.

As the archives show, most of the discussion to date has been regarding
router architecture.

As such, I am going to defer to its original author and will not proceed
with my own petition. I would support a petition made by anyone else who
wishes to take on the task.

Thanks,

Joe