[arin-ppml] AC abandonment of Policy Proposal 92 Alternate IPv6 Allocation

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Fri Jun 26 15:26:52 EDT 2009

I cant find anything more specific to the process, so perhaps this
thread should be considered the petition along with the original
statement,  rephrased as follows.

I believe the policy proposal has potential timeliness issues with it
along with the AC suggestion that it may have merit, as such to my view,
the proper course of action assuming the community as a whole is not yet
ready to deal head on with it is to put it on the docket for the next
public policy meeting instead of the immediate upcoming one.

Personally, I found it well written and fairly convincing on its face value.

Am I missing some formality or proper address or is it done and should I
just wait and see if support rolls in to turn this proposal into a draft
discussion policy or not?

"
2.4 Discussion Petition

Any member of the community, including a proposal originator, may
initiate a Discussion Petition if they are dissatisfied with the action
taken by the Advisory Council regarding any specific policy proposal. If
successful, this petition will change the policy proposal to a draft
policy which will be published for discussion and review by the
community on the PPML and at an upcoming public policy meeting.

The Discussion Petition must be initiated within 5 business days of
announcement of the Advisory Council's decision regarding a specific
policy proposal; the petition must include the proposal and a petition
statement. The petition duration is 5 business days. The ARIN President
determines if the petition succeeds (success is support from at least 10
different people from 10 different organizations). In order to be
considered at an upcoming public policy meeting, the petition must be
successfully completed at least 35 days prior to that meeting.

A successful petition may result in competing versions of the same draft
policy. Staff and legal reviews will be conducted and published for
successful petitions.

All draft policies that are selected by the Advisory Council or
successfully petitioned are published for review and discussion on the
public policy mailing list.
"