[arin-ppml] [arin-announce] Policy Proposal: Transfer listingservice

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Fri Jun 12 13:13:21 EDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Kevin Kargel wrote:

> [...]

Hi Kevin,

Out of curiosity, do you think that litigators and regulators are more
likely (or maybe very likely) to keep their fingers out if, after
enabling the emergence of commercial IPv4 transfers, the RIRs take no
further actions of any kind related to any IPv4 markets that emerge
thereafter? Are your views on that probability-of-intervention
question based on any particular expectation about whether and how
IPv4 markets will actually work, or are they independent of all such
expectations (i.e., no matter how things turn out, it would be better
in all cases for the RIRs to take no position / no action at all)?

TV