[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Predicable IPv4 Run Out by Prefix Size

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Wed Jun 10 21:46:36 EDT 2009

On 10 Jun 2009 Stacy Hughes wrote:

> I agree with Pete.  The operational result will not be in line with
> the intent of the proposal. Stacy

I think it is consistent with the intent of the proposal as stated in the rational.
But, I'm not sure the title of the proposal is correct though, and probably
should be changed if it goes to the Draft Policy stage.

Maybe the title should be "Equitable IPv4 Run Out by Prefix Size", focusing
less on the predictability and more on equity.

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818