[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Jun 10 17:25:23 EDT 2009

Privacy-schmivacy..  I don't care whether or not the real end user is
publically listed as a POC, but there DOES need to be a real live contact
that can handle problems for the network.

There needs to be a functional administrative contact and a functional
technical contact.  Those contacts cannot just be someone who knows someone
who knows who to call.

If there is not going to be both an administrative and technical contact
listed that actually has something to do with the network then I suggest we
might as well abandon whois and swip entirely and just rely on registration
records. It would save a lot of work and money.