[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 23:19:32 EDT 2009

[snip]
> Privacy of personal information is something our customers regularly ask
> us about because our system automatically publishes their information in
> rwhois.  In many cases, these customers do not have the technical
[snip]
I oppose this policy, because sufficient privacy is already provided
by the NPRM under section 4.2.3.7.6
https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#four2376

If you are the responsible party for a business'  computer network,
your business contact information is not personal information.
And your organization's identity and address are not personal information.

For the reasons already mentioned by others, it is essential  that
public contact and address information be available  for  assignees of
IP space who participate in the public internet.

There are suitable means available to indicate on a WHOIS record that
the ISP should be contacted instead of the end-user.   A  "Comment"
and additional Abuse POC  can be entered on the record.

Current policy does not appear to say an ISP POC  cannot be listed as
an additional contact on an  end-user  re-allocated network record
either.

--
-J