[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Customer Confidentiality

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Tue Jun 9 15:01:06 EDT 2009

Brian Johnson wrote:
> I support this proposal... with one question?
>
> Wouldn't this be, in practice, the same as a customer "opt-out" of
> SWIP/RWHOIS? Not that I have even the slightest problem with this.

I support this proposal as written.

I view it more as a customer "opt-in" to SWIP/RWHOIS which is IMNSHO far
preferable to "opt-out".

"Opt-out" = "We will spam you back to the stone age until you beg us to
stop, and we will sell your identity to others who will do likewise."

"Opt-in" = "We won't annoy you or disclose your identity unless we have
your specific (and revokable) permission to do so."

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net