[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Predictable IPv4 Run Out by Allocation Window

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Jun 8 22:10:20 EDT 2009

On 9 Jun 2009 Randy Bush wrote:

> what do these policies do to meet the need for a small bit of ipv4
> space by the new entrant multi-homed enterprise which wishe to connect
> to the dual-stack internet five years from now?
>
> randy

Nothing at all, ARIN already has a policy that is suppose to
deal with that see 4.10 of the NRPM.

https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#four10

It was Draft Policy 2008-5 if you want to see other details about
it.

https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2008_5.html

Some have suggested there should be bigger block reserved,
personally, I'd be ok with that, but these policies are intended
to deal with what is left outside of that.

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818