[arin-ppml] Large hole in IPv6 assignment logic

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Jun 8 20:29:25 EDT 2009

On 8 Jun 2009 Dave Temkin wrote:

> Understood, but we need a better exception policy in place other than
> "We'll get to it at the next meeting" if we're going to foster
> development in such an evolving space.

Well there is the Emergency PDP, but by most accounts that
didn't work very well with 2009-1.  I'm thinking it would have to
be a really big problem and non-controversial to get the board
to try another run at the Emergency PDP anytime soon.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just trying to think about how it
would work without creating a loophole you can drive a convoy
of trucks through.

Any specific ideas?

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818