[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: A Modest Proposal for an Alternate IPv6 Allocation Process

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri Jun 5 16:41:07 EDT 2009

George, Wes E [NTK] wrote:

> but until that happens, I have to assume it won't (or it won't happen fast enough) in order to ensure that I can continue operating my network at a reasonable cost

OK, well go back to my original question, then.  I asked if router
advances would eliminate the need for filtering (or limiting the table)

Your basically saying that they aren't going to.   Yet, your against
the parts of the policy (predefining a block size) that are essential
to being able to define a block, which is needed for filtering.  So,
should I take this to mean that you think heavy filtering (like this
policy appears to assume) isn't the
answer to table bloat, but rather, limiting the table size? ie: limiting
the number of allocated prefixes?

Ted