[arin-ppml] Rationale for /22

George, Wes E [NTK] Wesley.E.George at sprint.com
Fri Jul 31 15:42:50 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: arin-ppml-bounces at arin.net [mailto:arin-ppml-bounces at arin.net] On Behalf Of Leo Bicknell
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 3:31 PM
To: Owen DeLong
Cc: ARIN PPML
Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] Rationale for /22

I never said they were.  What I said was, I am worried there is a
tipping point, and I think that argues for making small steps, and
not large ones so we don't overshoot.
<snip>
However, I am quite willing to entertain moving the limit down
further, as there seems to have been few ill effects from the move
to /22.  I am however worried that there is a tipping point out
there, so I support going to a /23, not further, at this time.

Agree that we shouldn't do it all at once. I think you honed in too much on my rhetorical question and took it to mean that I was advocating dropping the limit altogether. ;-)

So what about going to /23 now, and to /24 when the last /8s are assigned? Then maybe if there's interest, we even go further as the rest of the space goes away, noting of course that it'll get progressively harder to ensure that the route will be carried through legacy filters.

Wes

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.