[arin-ppml] Rationale for /22

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Fri Jul 31 11:48:14 EDT 2009

My assumption is that I would aggregate up much in the same way I do
now.  If I was in a position to justify subsequent /24's I would get a
/23, then a /22 and so on.  Hopefully ARIN would reserve at least one
block higher for each /24 deployment with the assumption a small
provider would probably get to a /23.  If I got /24's from ARIN, I would
have returned the PA blocks as part of the process.  Why would I keep PA
space when I was getting PI space?

Regards,

Mike