[arin-ppml] IPv4 Run Out Proposals

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Jul 27 15:11:44 EDT 2009

I've been meaning to ask this for several weeks now, where
has the summer gone?

Leo and I are the AC Shepards for the two IPv4 Run Out
Proposals, they are;

93. Predicable IPv4 Run Out by Prefix Size
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-June/014635.html

94. Predictable IPv4 Run Out by Allocation Window
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-June/014392.html

Leo, I, and I believe much of the AC, think that these proposals
shouldn't move forward separately, but that one or the other, or
a merged version of the two, should move forward to Draft
Policy to be discussed at ARIN XXIV in Dearborn.

Therefore, Leo and I would like feed back on these two
proposals, and your ideas on the following options;

1. Should they be merged together and move forward as a
single Draft Policy?

2. Should "Predicable IPv4 Run Out by Prefix Size" move
forward to Draft Policy alone?

3. Should "Predictable IPv4 Run Out by Allocation Window"
move forward to Draft Policy alone?

4. Should they move forward as two separate Draft Policies?

5. Should they both be abandoned?

In order to make it on to the agenda for Dearborn, Draft Policy
text must be ready for Staff and Legal Review by the end of
this week.

So please get any suggestions you have in as soon as
possible, I'm going to start on a merged version of the text in
case the consensus is to go that way, I will share it on PPML in
the next day or two.

Thank you for your feed back.

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818