[arin-ppml] DTV and IPv6

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Jan 29 17:38:58 EST 2009

 <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> Look at what the big ISPs are all doing. They aren't sitting around
> waiting for the axe to fall. They have all begun the capex
> investment
> in IPv6 tests and trials.

Absolutely - and from the BGP allocations & doing some trace routing
around, I was impressed about the extent of the backbone networks
already deployed, with some players strategically positioning
themselves now. They're keeping quiet about it, but they're there
looking to capture a big chunk of tomorrow's network - and the
experience they are gaining as we speak is likely to cause a few
upsets in the future for those ISPs not currently involved.

O.