[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-6: Emergency TransferPolicyforIPv4 Addresses - Last Call

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Jan 5 09:42:06 EST 2009

I guess I am still waiting for someone to come up with the killer
application for IPv6.  Or a marketing scheme... get this new
service/speed/whatever if you sign up for IPv6.  Of course you have to have
IPv6 deployed to sell it as part of a service.

I am afraid the major driver will be one of two things.  Either someone will
offer porn content on IPv6 that is not available on IPv4, or people will
find that IPv6 P2P file sharing will not have the restrictions or problems
that it does on IPv4.  If either of these comes to pass then the public will
clamor for IPv6.