[arin-ppml] IPV4 allocations

Artur (eBoundHost) artur at eboundhost.com
Sat Jan 3 23:35:51 EST 2009

Matt,

I disagree with one point. If ARIN is going to give ips on a per need basis then we also need to consider whether isps are doing the same.

If for example end users comprise half of usable ip space and we can hold off the ip depletion by asking isps to only allow public ips on a per need basis then its entirely reasonable.

For instance, our customers are given ips only if they have certain criteria and everyone else is hosted on a shared block. No reason isps can't do the same.