[arin-ppml] 2008-6 What should the AC do

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Jan 2 16:06:30 EST 2009

I'm glad to see a vigorous discussion about 2008-6 on the mailing list.

However, since this proposal is in last call, there's a limited set of
choices
for the AC to make about the policy...

Quoting from the ARIN web site:

The Advisory Council will review the comments collected during the last call
period and may: 1) support the proposal as is and recommend that the Board
of Trustees adopt, 2) find minor revisions are necessary in which case the
Advisory Council or author will redraft and post again to last call, 3) find
major revisions are needed in which case the Advisory Council or author will
redraft and the proposal will be posted for the next public policy meeting,
or 4) find community support to abandon the proposal.

So, I would like to encourage members of the community commenting
on this proposal to express clearly which of the above four actions
you believe the AC should take.

I have seen the discussion range through all 4 options and it is not
clear to me that there is any level of community consensus around
any one of these options.

Thanks,

Owen

In light of this request by Owen my choice is option 4, abandon the
proposal.