[arin-ppml] 2008-6 What should the AC do

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jan 2 15:53:20 EST 2009

I'm glad to see a vigorous discussion about 2008-6 on the mailing list.

However, since this proposal is in last call, there's a limited set of
choices
for the AC to make about the policy...

Quoting from the ARIN web site:

> The Advisory Council will review the comments collected during the
> last call period and may: 1) support the proposal as is and
> recommend that the Board of Trustees adopt, 2) find minor revisions
> are necessary in which case the Advisory Council or author will
> redraft and post again to last call, 3) find major revisions are
> needed in which case the Advisory Council or author will redraft and
> the proposal will be posted for the next public policy meeting, or
> 4) find community support to abandon the proposal.

So, I would like to encourage members of the community commenting
on this proposal to express clearly which of the above four actions
you believe the AC should take.

I have seen the discussion range through all 4 options and it is not
clear to me that there is any level of community consensus around
any one of these options.

Thanks,

Owen