[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Protective UsageTransferPolicyforIPv4 Address

Mackey, Bruce bmackey at constantcontact.com
Thu Feb 12 08:04:48 EST 2009

I do not support the policy as there are alternate methods already available to prevent disruptions to the CI.  It requires the CI to do some work but it doesn't require a herculean effort.

I don't support ARIN swapping address space to reclassify the current EP.NET addresses as it would require a review of the current usage of the addresses blocks to ensure that all of them in use are for CI, require that all the entities sign agreements with ARIN, and would therefore also have ARIN be the direct manager of CI space in other RIRs.

It makes more sense for the CIs to renumber using the existing policies and set up their relationships with ARIN or their local RIR.

-Bruce