[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Protective Usage TransferPolicyfor IPv4 Address

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Feb 10 15:33:51 EST 2009

In a message written on Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 02:21:51PM -0500, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>    Why do they have two years? These sales are taking place now, and
>    unexpectedly.

I made the assumption that we were talking about transfer policy
style transactions, which ARIN hasn't approved yet; and further
that we were talking about above board transactions.  It seemed
likely to me that above board transactions of that sort won't be
approved until close to the free pool exhaustion.

If someone is doing something below board there are better ways to
address that than policy changes.