[arin-ppml] Why are ISPs allowed?

Cliff Bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Thu Feb 5 10:31:21 EST 2009

Ted M wrote

.

> You know, your not a real geek unless you have at one time in your life,
> run NCSA Telnet on a PC XT with an ethernet card in it to log in into
> a real system...  ;-)

I actually still use the PCTCP/packet driver stuff on an old PC in the
basement to log on to a linux system and run lynx, elm etc. :)

> Some gear, though, is apparently NEVER obsoleted - ponder the dichotomy of
> websites like the following:
>
> http://www.tubedepot.com/

For a different look at old technology, look at

http://www.bdb.com/mark8/  for some history on the first 8-bit microprocessor
from Intel, the 8008.  It still ran as of 2005 but I haven't run it lately.
Old computers never die, they just blink their lights forever.

> Ted

Cliff

--
Cliff Bedore
7403 Radcliffe Dr. College Park MD 20740