[arin-ppml] Simplified IPv6 policy

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Dec 23 16:50:07 EST 2009

> What IPv6 policy would you favor here?

I favor an IPv6 policy that makes sense and one in
which ISPs could feasibly change their filtering
rules to accomodate the new policy. I would not
worry about which ISP acts first and which ones
wait and see for a year or so. If the policy is
sensible, then everyone will eventually fall
in line, more or less.

We had this same discussion when I was on the
AC and we wanted to reduce the minimum ISP
allocation from /19 to /20. I believed that
ISPs would eventually change their filters.
And they did, eventually.

--Michael Dillon