[arin-ppml] SWIPs & IPv6

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Dec 1 12:57:23 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
>> If I've missed this discussion here (or in other forums)
>> references welcome, a cursory search yields nothing expressly
>> related to this topic.
>
> Probably because of the same reason that a cursory search
> won't find any discussions about the pros and cons of
> staring straight into the sun for an hour at high noon.

Ted,

Historically speaking, that's how ship captains navigated with early
sextants. Over time they ended up with one more or less dead eye which
was only useful for staring into the sun. The eye patch wasn't because
he lost it in a fight.

I wouldn't personally want to try it, but not everything that seems
like it would be absurd in all cases actually is.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004