[arin-ppml] Update on 2009-3: Global Policy for the Allocationof IPv4 Blocks to RIRs

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Fri Aug 21 17:03:40 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt<tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
> Martin Hannigan wrote:
>>

> This implies a formal system, I was speaking of an INFORMAL "system".
>
> Ideally the hostmaster of ARIN should be able to send an e-mail to the
> hostmaster of, for example, RIPE and say  "I noticed that we got block
> W.X.Y.Z/24 given back to us from Wonkulating Gronkulators, and I
> also noticed that your managing the 2 adjacent /24's that surround it
> and it seems to make more sense for you to take W.X.Y.Z/24 so why
> don't you take it over?"
>
> In short they should be able to just do these things without having to
> go through all the rackafratz of handing it back to IANA for IANA to
> hand back out to RIPE.

Ted,

You can always write a global proposal to try and move such an idea
forward. If you would like some advice or assistance in conducting
such an activity, please let myself or one of the others members of
the ASO AC (Louis Lee and Jason Schiller) we can point you in the
right direction.

That goes for anyone else as well. Anyone can submit a global policy
much like anyone can submit a local policy.

Best Regards,

Martin Hannigan
ASO AC/NRO NC