[arin-ppml] Multihomed Microallocations

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Tue Aug 4 09:23:04 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

On 04/08/2009 5:56, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

[...]

>> I read this section differently from you. I'm not sure if my interpretation
>> was the intended one but I thought the $8k/year would also include the costs
>> of hardware and related licenses and support contracts. That is, $8k was for
>> the cost of routers, software licenses, vendor support and connectivity to
>> two or more other ASs.

[...]

> My intention was that the $8k be restricted to ISP connectivity costs
> but if folks feel it would be more fair to include some other costs
> such as routers or data center charges, I would not object to
> adjusting it.

If you want to maintain this section I think you need to tighten up the
wording to unambiguously exclude costs incurred in providing the potential
registrant's own network infrastructure. Perhaps use a phrase like "paid to
ISPs for connectivity services".

I think that this kind of market price and access regulation is a bit blunt
though, however whatever value is used in place of the $8k.

Regards,

Leo