[arin-ppml] Rationale for /22

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Mon Aug 3 20:01:31 EDT 2009

On 3 Aug 2009 Chris Grundemann wrote:

> More to the point of these threads (i hope); is that right now,
> obtaining address space is not the roadblock for those who can justify
> that space and want to multihome.  I do not think that ARIN assigning
> /24s to multihomers (who can justify the need) will cause any
> explosion in the demand for multihomed /24s - a drop in the price of
> BGP speaking routers and/or a growth of BGP cluefull engineers is
> probably more worrisome...

So your saying I shouldn't write the BGP book for the
venerable "for Dummies" series or push Linksys (AKA Cisco)
to put a BGP announcement stub in their next line of High-End
multi-port broadband routers.  The High-End ones are the
$150 to $200 ones, not the cheap ones at $50 to $75.

Darn, there goes my master plan for 2010, NOT!!!  :)

You know the sad thing is some one will probablly do just that,
and make a bunch of money at it too. :(

> ~Chris

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818