[arin-ppml] Does this apply to Transfers too?

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Apr 21 10:23:55 EDT 2009

On 20 Apr 2009 Member Services wrote:

> Beginning 18 May 2009, ARIN will require that all applications for IPv4
> address space include an attestation of accuracy from an officer of the
> organization. For information on this requirement, please see:
>
> https://www.arin.net/resources/agreements/officer_attest.html

Since this attestation will become part of the standard for justifying need for
IPv4 addresses as of May 18, 2009.  Therefore, I assume that since the new
Transfer Policy, either 2008-6 or 2009-1, requires justified need, and this will
soon be part of the standard for justifying the need for IPv4 addresses.  To
me It follows that this requirement would apply to transfers too, at least until
the requirement is eliminated.

I think I like it.  It legitimately raises the bar for obtaining IPv4 resource during
a scarcity, without raising it to far.  Further it will be hard for any CEO to
claim "I didn't know", if or when this gets to the point Congress gets involved.

So just to clarify, does this apply to transfers too?

Thanks

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818