[arin-ppml] The AC has a job to do with 2009-1 canyouplease help?

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Tue Apr 7 15:44:11 EDT 2009

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> I'm not for it no matter what but I will not oppose a
> transfer policy with a sunset clause.

I am not in favor of it either.  A (short) sunset clause makes it only
slightly more palatable.

The proposal of creating a market is a pig.  The sunset clause and other
revisions are lipstick and voice lessons.  The removal of the limitation
to IPv4 only and including all number resources is just plain wrong.
Any way you dress it up and try to teach it to sing, it's still a pig.

Do nothing.  The rest of the world is far ahead of ARIN in moving to
IPv6.  This proposal only prolongs the agony, encourages hoarding, and
enriches the undeserving.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net